"Protect Your Health, Protect Your Family, Protect Your Community, Protect Your Environment"
We exist to be a major catalyst towards rebuilding the economic, physical, & social health of under-served communities.
This mission is based on the foundation of protecting and ensuring planetary health, food security, and social responsibility.
OUR CORE VALUES
"Strong Values, Strong Families, Strong Communities"
HOW WE STARTED?
Urban GreenWorks (UGW) started 10 years ago with the goals of providing south Floridians with improved access to healthy local foods, environmental education, horticulture therapy, and volunteer opportunities. Zoom ahead and the foundation continues to develop, adapt, and evolve yet the philosophy remains the same: Protect Your Health, Protect Your Community, Protect Your Family, Protect Your Environment!
Today, as UGW Global, we are ready to implement a sustainable vision towards three (3) main goals:
1. Personal & Social Responsibility - the ethical obligation, the actions, and the way in which we examine our individual influences to ensure the well being of all members of the community;
2. Food Security - the state of having sustainable access to available quantity, affordable, and nutritious food; and
3. Planetary Health - the health of human civilization and the natural systems on which it depends.
We exist to support and restore the economic, social, & physical health of marginalized communities, where most of the "food deserts" (urban areas where access to affordable and nutritious food is limited) are located. Our work is diversified between:
• Building and planting food forests and gardens, and
• Offering our community volunteer and revenue generating opportunities, education and skill training opportunities, along with a network of various organizations, businesses and more.
Urban GreenWorks is a 501(c)(3) organization that has evolved from initially implementing our vision on a local level (Miami, FL), to now a decade later, emerging into holding collaboratives and branches in Richmond, VA - Atlanta, GA - St. Vincent and the Grenadines - Haiti - Kenya.
Stay up to date with our current running projects, campaigns, and affiliations at https://donately.com/.
Welcome to UGW Global!
OUR EXECUTIVE TEAM
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Ramcess Jean-Louis: Diversity & Inclusion, Labor Law
Ramez Zharraldin: Operational Management
Roger Horne: Exec. Dir., UGW Global
Edwin Philogene: Financial Management & Investing
Jonathan Olufe: Business Mgmt. & Technology
Karen Callahan: Social Impact & Change
Nancy Kadenyi: Kenya Country Coordinator
Stafford Griffiths: Master Farmer
COMMUNITY ADVISORY BOARD